We are counting down the days for newbie to enter our lives. I know we have a little less than a month, but there is no way Abby will go full term. Just when Cecilia has been taught not to make a bloody disaster of anything she touches, we will have another one to teach. Just kidding. Cecilia is still the whirlwind of disaster. We really do need a dart gun. Just kidding again...She is just "free-spirited", right?
We started putting the baby's room together and cleaning the clothes out of storage. Damn, are they small! I think one of the weirdest concepts of the newbie (for me) is going to be how tiny it is. I know we do not have a amazon on our hands, but Cecilia is going to look like a giant walking around. Picture Godzilla or King Kong (as Abby sometimes calls her when she climbs on top of her dollhouse) flinging toys across the room... I have a feeling we will need to put one of the Chubs in a cage for protection.
I started a rain garden today. I put it out front by the street, in the area you need Noah's Ark to cross. If this system works, it will pull all the water into one area slowly, absorbing into the ground over time and giving the flowers and ferns planted there a nice drink! James, the mailman, was walking by and said he had never seen a pool in the front yard. I guess that is his way of saying you are a crazy white boy. It does look like a eye sore right now. Abby said she didn't think people would 'get it' until there were actually plants and landscaping there as well...We'll see!
Our neighbors have been scratching their heads since we moved in. We will have to keep loading them up with eggs; eggs silence all. The older lady across the street, Ann, came by and was wondering what I was doing digging up the yard. So I explained it to her and she looked at me like I was eating chicken poop. I told her rain run off is a major contribuator to pollution, etc. She still looked at me like I was eating chicken poop, so I merely changed the subject and asked her if she wanted some eggs. The promise of eggs silenced her.
Head scratching aside, we could not ask for better neighbors all around. This is something we have always wanted. The family behind us has a 3 year-old girl, Ava (Aba, as Ceci calls her). Ceci just loves her and is thrilled everytime we drive down the alley past her house. She points and says, "Aba's house! Aba!!". Very sweet. Hopefully there will be many more play dates now that they can go outside! Ava is not too keen on Blitzie yet, though...poor guy.
I never thought the day would come when Cecilia would become a opionated eater. Seems like anything I cook, she wants something else. Cereal is the main cause of appetite distruction. Abby has made that monster. The other day for instance, I decided to cook over our fire in the dutch oven. I went to the store and grabbed a bison loin; what else would you cook over the fire? It took a few hours of hard labor. When we sat down eat, Abby and Cecilia both took a bite and the next thing I know, Ceci said, "Cereal?". Abby replied, "You want some cereal baby? I think Mommy is going to have some cereal too..." and so on and so forth.. What the hell? The cereal craze started before that, but now it is a three headed monster. Maybe it is not that bad, BUT MY FOOD IS AWESOME. Pick your battles.....
Spring is here and outdoor activities are a blessing. Being cooped up (no chicken pun intended...) all winter with the "Wild Thing" is not much fun. We did do some winter activites, but the warmer weather DOES make it a little easier to keep Ceci entertained.
I took Cecilia down to the Winter Farmer's Market last weekend on the bike (Abby was at work and can't ride her bike anyhoo). We had a nice time. For any of you Hoosiers who have not been, it is a pretty good market. The trip was 7-8 miles each way; Cecilia did not like the long trip, note to self. She DID enjoy all the eats at the market and stopping by the playground on the way back. I need to put a portable DVD in the buggy. Just kidding, she really does not need any more Monkey Show. Monkey Show (Curious George) is like crack to her...
We have ditched the paci and she's in a real big girl bed (she looks so sweet and tiny when in it, asleep) Next task: Potty Training. She goes pee pee every day in it, only because she gets "piece canny" (piece of candy, usually Reese's Pieces...) after she goes. HOWEVER, she has started asking for "piece canny" when she makes a messy (#2) in her diaper...and she'll interrupt any meal or activity to go on the potty just to get that "piece canny"...We'll get it figured out someday!
Till next time, when we'll be the Jackson 5 again (we were once, then we lost Geronimo...),
Take care.
THE JACKSONS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment